Marketing and communication in UFOLEP
<Summary has approx. 350 words. This is three or four short paragraphs for the publication on the SUCCESS Project’s website, designed to inform visitors about the work that was done by participant. In this section, provide the following information:
- Outline the purpose of the case study.
The national COMMUNICATION & MARKETING sector of our sport federation UFOLEP
- Describe the field of research – this is usually an overview of the sport organisation.
The new mandate period is the good time to actualize the governance, the framework, the strategy and to re inforce the national communication & marketing sector of our sport federation.
Communication & marketing sector deals with a specific methodology which could be implement in all the projects hold by the federation.
This means that the national team and all levels of the federation could be influenced by this type of new ways of thinking. A methodology needs to be defined to target the common goals established by the Communication & marketing strategy.
- Outline the issues and findings of the case study without the specific details.
The political project is not clear enough for all the stakeholders of UFOLEP‘s
Federation. However, the current period is very favourable because the political project has just been re defined and produced. It’s necessary to spread it and the communication will be the best mean in this goal. We will see how it will be done.
The issue is that we have a lack of professionalism tools and process in Marketing. It will be the natural extension of the communication strategy in order to adapt in our work environment the tools issued of this sector and to win in professionalism.
That’s why we will describe the means in communication and the evaluation we could do on it and the retour of investment we should pursue. Marketing becomes very useful and unavoidable at this step.
We should follow the goal to more respect and more define the framework of our communication plan in coherence with our budget and timetable.
- Identify the theory that will be used.
We will try to answer the following questions
- How to elaborate a communication strategy / plan and to contribute to it?
- How to elaborate a marketing strategy and to contribute to it?
- How to share the method?
- Who are the stakeholders?
- What are the aims and the goals?
- What are the means in order to implement it through all our network?
- Here, the reader should be able to get a clear picture of the essential contents of the study.
This study will define and review the key concepts covered by communication and marketing
- Review of questions for a communication plan:
- What: which products, services, and actions would we like to promote?
- Why: what are our aims, what are we expecting from communication?
- Who and for whom: Who do we want to communicate with? Which are our targeted publics?
- How many: what is our budget? How to evaluate the investment?
- How: which means, adapted at each target group and budget?
- When: what are the deadlines and how to communicate at the right moment?
- From who? Who will pass the message on behalf of the sport organization?
- Federal communication strategy:
- It depends on the vision. The political direction and the communication will define the best way to spread it towards the different stakeholders.
- Federal communication plan:
- Strategic formalized document in order to describe the Steps, means and Communication Schedule.
- It is taking into account the budget criteria
- Kit of communication tools/means:
- Sort of box of key tools towards the network in order to implement the communication contents.
- Axes of communication:
- Define the different orientations of the political message // transcription in communication words. For UFOLEP case study, this means the values and the engagements.
- Message of communication:
- Translation of the political vision which illustrate the values
- What do we want to say, what are our engagements, what do we want to do toward our targeted publics?
- What is our added value?
- What are our advantage?
- Aims of communication:
- To create and to re inforce the relationships with our targeted publics
- Modify and influence the comportments and the perceptions of our targeted publics in three dimensions:
Note any assumptions made (you may not have all the information you’d like so some assumptions may be necessary, e.g. “It has been assumed that…”, “Assuming that it takes…”).>
Managing Finance and Grants in UFOLEP
<Summary has approx. 350 words. This is three or four short paragraphs for the publication
on the SUCCESS Project’s website, designed to inform visitors about the work that was done
by participant. In this section, provide the following information:
Outline the purpose of the case study.
Managing Finance and Grants in UFOLEP
Describe the field of research – this is usually an overview of the sport organisation.
The subject is about Finance, grants and territorial accompaniment of our sport
The new mandate period for the National sport federation UFOLEP is synonym of
new elected people, new political project, and re answer repartition of finances to
help, support our network and to focus toward a more efficiency financial model.
In France in 2016 we had a new law named the NOTRE Law amending the territorial
organisation. As a consequence, 13 new regions were defined. This change in region
number could be used as an advantage in France to strengthen the implication of our
13 regional UFOLEP committees and by this way re organize and optimize the
Finance is a mean, a power in order to ask the network to implement the political
project. This implementation is conditioning the financial help received by the
network. The goal of this finance circle is to define the most efficient redistribution
flows of finances to implement the political project at all levels.
It is the good time to replace an old process and to develop a new configuration of
policy-making ways to give to the regional level real competencies and the role of
head of network to coordinate the local level.
Outline the issues and findings of the case study without the specific details.
Regional UFOLEP Committees are regional bodies whose geographical areas of
competence correspond to the perimeter of the French administrative regions.
Regional UFOLEP committees have as main tasks:
- To relay the sports policy initiated by the federation,
- To seek any financial means to implement the actions,
- To develop relations between UFOLEP and local authorities,
- To organize and create trainings in the sport activities but also in the different
themes (health and sport, sustainable dd, sport at school…),
- Reinforce the link between Local and regional level.
Identify the theory that will be used.
We will try to answer the following questions
- Which rules and which framework should be put in place to define the
amount of finance resources dedicated to the different territories?
- How to define the best amount of resources to help and support the
actions of our committees taking into account their development
- How to define the best amount of financial help in order to involve the
committees in the implementation of the political project?
- What are the aims of this framework?
- Who are the stakeholders in this process?
- What will be the means to meet our objectives?
- And what are the indicators to evaluate the process?
Before defining any change in the financial strategy, I will analyse the existing one
within the UFOLEP organisation through the review of concepts covered in this
The Executive Director manages all financial activities.
The team manager helps ensure that expenditures occur in conformance with official
The financial management cycle and key terms associated with finance are
– Financial planning process and the financial management cycle,
– The key areas of budgeting,
– The tasks of the Treasurer,
– Budget categories (Operating, Capital, Cash flow budgeting).
Process of finance rules are well-defined and the finance strategy is explained during
the statutory meetings. Performance indicators have been defined to follow and
measure the implementation of the financial strategy.
Acquiring the required competence profile for the organisation who will have overall
responsibility for the financial management of our organization.
Managing funds are transparent; Structural requirements (Legally registered status,
Treasurer, Bank accounts, Legal documents, Contracts, Waivers, insurances, internal
accounting, and procedures) are in place.
Here, the reader should be able to get a clear picture of the essential contents of the
Note any assumptions made (you may not have all the information you’d like so
some assumptions may be necessary, e.g. “It has been assumed that…”, “Assuming
that it takes…”).>
Deputy Director of Communication in the French Union of Laic Works and Popular Education
3, rue Récamier 75341 Paris cedex 07